What happened to vegetarianism?

Are there no more vegetarian people? Everyone's vegan now. But what happened to the idea of not eating meat but still enjoying things like milk and eggs.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 week ago

The idea that "everyone is vegan now" is not true. There are still plenty of people, like myself, who eat meat. Veganism might be a popular fad right now, but I will never go vegetarian or vegan. I'm always going to eat meat and dairy. I'm a grown man. It's my decision to continue to eat meat and dairy.

• 3 weeks ago

Dairy products do involve cruelty, cows being deprived of their young at an unnaturally early age, for example. Male chicks are killed because they will never produce eggs.

• 3 weeks ago

I think it depends on WHY you choose to be Vegetarian or Vegan. Most do it for ethical reasons. I, myself, am Vegetarian for health reasons. My family still consumes meat. I am a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian. So, I still consume eggs and dairy. Vegan would be 100% no animal products whatsoever...not just foods, but all products (leather belts, wool sweaters, etc). Some people confuse the two. There are different types of Vegetarians based on what they allow themselves to consume. 

• 4 weeks ago

Extremes are fashionable now.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I think meatless meals have become such an ordinary everyday thing that we no longer give them a special designation. It's more like "No thanks, no meat with my salad" covers it. 

Matt, while every ruminant is a herbivore, not every herbivore is a ruminant. 

Herbivore = eats plants only, no meat.

Ruminant = eats grass like cattle, sheep, etc. 

• Janet
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I know many vegetarians. It is just that veganism is the current fad.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.