Poll: Why do younger people want the voting age lowered to 16?

• Robert

Mostly because they're stupid.   Most people with a little life experience want it brought back to 21, or ideally 26

💙💜🌷💜💙💙💜🌷💜💙💙💜🌷💜💙

• Mier

Because as someone mentioned the Democrats want to expand the size of their  voting base. It’s common knowledge many younger people always vote democrat for the most part. They’re mostly conditioned too also by the high schools and college professors. 

Here in California I voted No on the ballot for that. I don’t think they need to be voting anyway as they don’t fully understand what they’re voting for. It would be a huge mistake to let a bunch of punk kids vote and it’s counterproductive. 

Sure, why not? Kamala Harris is all for it. Let’s get tenth graders involved in the election process. I’m sure they’d be coached by their high school teachers on whom to vote for. The Dems can’t miss an opportunity to expand their voting base. Preying on ignorant young people has always been their m.o.

Because they somehow think that getting to vote suddenly makes them an adult.  Since we have already raised the drinking age to 21 I think we should raise the draft age, the voting age, and the age of majority (adulthood) to 21.  Before you blow a gasket on that last one this would also mean you get to stay under your parent's insurance and under their roof until you are 21.

More and more younger people are seeing the damage being done to their country and want the opportunity to try and make a diference. I say they should be allowed to vote. There are more informed teens out there than adults.

Because obviously the teenagers lucky enough to survive eating tide pods last year are mature, developed, and intelligent enough to make rational decisions about who should run the country. Oh wait...

Same reason they want the drinking age lowered, dummy.  So they can do it.