Is it ok to use the word “Virgin” on a package?

Just wanted to point out, There use to be a Music label called “Virgin Records” btw, but was purchased by a bigger label . I ask to get an idea as to how consumers or people in general view the word “Virgin”. I do not use the word Virgin in a sexual sense. I view it as being an interesting word to show female empowerment, and natural. If it offensive? I feel it sticks to the mind and comes down to marketing. There’s Virgin coconut oil, virgin rent hair etc. 

Typo* Virgin Remy Hair not Virgin Rent lol. 

I feel like we live in an age where people are offended by everything. Hence the question. Of course, anything dealing with race, sexuality, gender, religion etc should always be respected so I’m not referring to that scenario. I try to be as conscious as possible because I’m not the best at staying up to date. 

• ?

The word virgin has more uses than just a sexual sense.  Virgin materials in manufacturing are materials that have never been used before since they were produced, such as virgin plastic (as opposed to recycled), virgin solvent (as opposed to recovered solvent that is reused), and so on.  If the word virgin is pertinent to the product/material being shipped then use that word; it's a perfectly valid term used in industry.  If someone is offended by it, that's their problem.

In the USA in 2020 you have to be very careful with words can be used in a sexual connotation even when you're not using them that way.  It has gone beyond ridiculous at this point but there it is.  

Putting quotation marks around the word or placing "step-" or "not-" will not fool the inspectors.  

Be careful.

I don't care either way, but I'm not apposed to changing the word on food. I'd rather things like coconut oil just say unrefined or unprocessed instead of virgin for clarity sake.

• ?

Virgin is not offensive in any context.

Virgin Records started by Richard Branson et al was purchased by Universal Music Group in 2012.  Virgin Records still exists as an separate label form UMG.  Current artists contracted with Virgin Records include Bastille and Loren Gray.

So there didn't use to be "virgin records", there still is.

And virgin isn't solely a sexual term.  It's a term that means untouched meaning something in it's raw untouched form.

• Tavy

Virgin airlines one of the biggest in the world. Virgin plastered in red on every plane.

Get over yourself.