Would you take a job that has a 30 min commute every morning?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

That's pretty standard commuting time for most people and some people's commuting is up to or beyond an hour.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

How would you be getting there ?

And how does the commute / pay compare to your last job ?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Only if there was no better option, such as a job that is only 10 mins away and it pays at least the same amt. I would not go further to make the same amt of money. It would have to pay more. If you are leasing a car, mileage plays into the equation also.

• 2 months ago

As long as fuel prices are where they are now and you think you would like your new job and there would be room for advancement.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Certainly; IF it paid enough, good enough bennies, advancement.

I commuted an hour each way once, but moved up ladder, my pay doubled after 8 years there. Challenging job;  good experience for my resume, too. 

Plus, living in Marin County was too high, Several I knew even commuted from Solano cty. I liked my farm house and barn in rural Sonoma Cty.  Wasn't worth it to move.

".  you .have to go where work is located" ?  Often true if unskilled. Those with  valuable skills, experience, college often have far more local opportunities. The very "best" jobs often require a commute, yes. If it costs more to live in Marin Cty than  Solano, pay is better, too. 

• CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

For 20+ years I had a 45 minute to work and always well over an hour to get home- but no more than 30-35 miles - just bad traffic. But the pay was good and you have to go where the work is located.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

just depends what the pay is, i guess. I wouldn't mind a 1 hour drive if I was making 100/hr on the job.

• Anton
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

In the 47 years that I worked, I never did over 30 minutes one way.

For the last 35 years, 10 minutes one-way, maximum.

• 2 months ago

I would not.  Much depends on what is the pay.

• 2 months ago

Yes, I've had worse commutes on several occasions. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.