Would you take a job that has a 30 min commute every morning?

That's pretty standard commuting time for most people and some people's commuting is up to or beyond an hour.

How would you be getting there ?

And how does the commute / pay compare to your last job ?

Only if there was no better option, such as a job that is only 10 mins away and it pays at least the same amt. I would not go further to make the same amt of money. It would have to pay more. If you are leasing a car, mileage plays into the equation also.

As long as fuel prices are where they are now and you think you would like your new job and there would be room for advancement.

Certainly; IF it paid enough, good enough bennies, advancement.

I commuted an hour each way once, but moved up ladder, my pay doubled after 8 years there. Challenging job;  good experience for my resume, too. 

Plus, living in Marin County was too high, Several I knew even commuted from Solano cty. I liked my farm house and barn in rural Sonoma Cty.  Wasn't worth it to move.

".  you .have to go where work is located" ?  Often true if unskilled. Those with  valuable skills, experience, college often have far more local opportunities. The very "best" jobs often require a commute, yes. If it costs more to live in Marin Cty than  Solano, pay is better, too. 

• CB

For 20+ years I had a 45 minute to work and always well over an hour to get home- but no more than 30-35 miles - just bad traffic. But the pay was good and you have to go where the work is located.

just depends what the pay is, i guess. I wouldn't mind a 1 hour drive if I was making 100/hr on the job.

• Anton

In the 47 years that I worked, I never did over 30 minutes one way.

For the last 35 years, 10 minutes one-way, maximum.

I would not.  Much depends on what is the pay.

Yes, I've had worse commutes on several occasions.