Why do people hate when Yahoo users post anonymously. I think anonymous questions and answers are very important in a free society?

• Zirp

Posting anonymously isn't a problem. Posting anonymously while blocking anyone who could post a correct answer is

I mean, it's all 'anonymous' unless you post your actual name anyway.

And I'm pretty sure yours isn't actually 'Mr Mojorisin' there Jim Morrison...

• L.F.

They are chickenshit.

I am not sure why you think that, but I will listen to your reasoning.  I see things from the other side, myself.  Anonymous allows declaration of ideas without being responsible for the validity of those ideas. This encourages troublemakers to cause trouble for the sake of causing trouble.  Like a random shout from a crowd.

That is, whatever your idea or opinion is, if you aren't willing to associate yourself with it, openly, then maybe there is something wrong with the idea, and perhaps you.  Why hide if you truly believe?

They want to block anyone who doesn't agree with them. When you post anonymously you can't be blocked.