MarcoR asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

Do you feed your fish once or twice a day?

I have fancy guppies and feed them in the morning. I can tell they want more food at night when I come in the room but I avoid giving it to them to keep from overfeeding 

Feed only every other day. All those fish, all that poo...therefore all that ammonia...that will burn their gills and maybe die.

Don't give in to their "begging" !

I feed mine twice a day (morning and night) If you watch them, the fish DO tell you they're hungry by swimming to the top of the tank looking for food, or rummaging in the gravel.

Two small feedings a day is better than one big one

it really depends on the food you’re using. usually on your food it’ll say how many times a day is a good amount for fish. guppies obviously require less food than most fish. maybe it’d be a good idea to space out their feeding? ex: you can feed them less than you do right now in the morning and then feed them more before you go to bed. basically splitting their feeding into two parts so they’re not super hungry during the night.

You could feed them more, but that also means more frequent water changes. Also a good idea to go one or two days a week without feeding them anything, to clear out their digestive tracts. 

I have neon tetras and I feed em once every other day and so far so good

• kswck2

I have about 30 fish in my 75 gallon-many of them either gourami's or jelly bean parrots-And because of the parrots size, I feed them twice per day. 

I fed my fish once a day for many years without issue.  I recently went to 2 slightly smaller feedings a day to accomadate a different species.  The article I read said it would be best for the tankmates, if the American Flag killi fish dont get too hungry.  Then I got electric blue acara, and my instincts told me that they might be the same way.  so I feed twice a day

i dont have fish but i would ask them at the petstore about it

i dont have fish but i would ask them at the pet store about it