I had email from Yahoo asking me t up my acount security or I will be locked out from incoming and emails Is this real or a scam? ?

• mom

that is not from yahoo because they do not email anyone

• ?

That is a phishing scam. Ignore and delete it. This is how to identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2091.html

That's a definite scam by what you asked about. Scam messages that request you to "upgrade" your email account must be ignored and deleted immediately. Never click on the links or attachment and give your personal information to the scammers or you can risk your account to be hacked. Remember Yahoo would never send you unsolicited emails asking for your personal information.

That is a scam. They will not do that.

scam … never  click  on  links  inside  email … even  the  email  looks  official  and  just  like  all  other  emails  from  yahoo.  always  go  to  the  source … in  this  case,  log  in  to  your  yahoo  account.