Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 2 months ago

Is in-person public school unnecessary?

At least right now? 

• ?

This is the parents choice. I am pro school choice so I think public school depending on the school is a option, there is also private schools, then charter schools, then there is homeschooling, then there is other public schools, virtual learning, and so many other options. I think there are some really good public schools and some really terrible ones just like anything else. 

It has its pros and cons. Even if a kid could manage without, they'd risk lacking social skills. I'd say the best education is that of private schools. The smaller the classes, the better, and the socialisation is still there. Depends on the public school though. Some are burdens to kids, others actually build futures.

• MS

I think we're seeing that it's actually very necessary, because many remote/virtual learning students are struggling.  Some certainly do quite well with that format, but others need the in-person instruction.

only for a select few.  most children NEED the interaction with other children