Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 4 months ago

Are  Chinese richer than us? Europeans and Americans visited Beijing/Shanghai please answer.?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

GDP per capita of China on the average is lower than the US and most Europeans countries because of its large population, how ever, things are cheaper there. A Chinese family make 2000$/month(15,000yuan$), can have a good life in China, but a family in the US with 3000$ Income is considered poor, barely make ends meet.

• 3 months ago

Chinese people can afford cars, even the poor people, but only the rich have good quality cars. The rich can be super rich, the poor can be super poor, like in the US. Chinese people do however, get a lot of pressure for making money, which leads to them holding money as their top priority. We even have a god of money.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Chinese people have lower per capita income than Americans. The average Chinese cannot afford a car. Only the rich ones can.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Perhaps in terms of GDP. But as Andrew Yang noted during his campaign trail, GDP is a flawed metric. The wealth gap in China is wider than in the US and compared to the US, there is a much smaller ladder for the poor to climb out. There are very few Jack Ma's in China, and even once they get to the top, they can still have it taken away in a second by a greedy government, like the Chinese government literally just did to him and his new business venture. I don't think anyone should be surprised China's best and brightest have left for elsewhere. The truth is, no average citizen should be jealous of China's wealth. Chinese citizens are not reaping the rewards of that high GDP. 

China's government is a cesspool. People have a lot of racist stereotypes about the Chinese - and most of them are misleading. Like for example, the stereotype that the Chinese are sexist. I've lived in China and I can tell you, yes absolutely the Chinese are sexist. But I've also lived in the US and I can tell you, the Chinese are much less sexist than Americans. And no American should have the right to point the finger at the Chinese without first pointing the finger at themselves. Most of the worst stereotypes about the Chinese are exactly the same if not worse about Americans. Yes, the Chinese are racist, but they never hunt down, captured and owned slaves based on their race on a massive scale. They didn't have segregation or apartheid. They didn't put people in concentration camps. But the only stereotypes that have merit are the ones about the Chinese government. But you might be thinking, wait isn't China's government a reflection of its people? Not any more than the Vietnamese are a reflection of the Japanese. They both originated from China, but over the years, they have become their own group because they literally have nothing to do with the rest of China. To become a successor to a politician in China, all you have to do is get chosen by the previous politician. There are no outsiders, something very few people in the West seem to understand.

Now about your question regarding what foreigners see when they visit Beijing and Shanghai. They don't see anything. Because the pollution in those cities is so thick you cannot see 5 feet in front of your face on most days in those cities. It's kind of a perfect example of the Chinese government lining its pockets while its citizens literally choke to death. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • D1218
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

No, they're more poor than anyone in the U.S. I heard.

• sam
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

on average, no. they do have many millionaires and billionaires.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

All land in China belongs to the government.  

• 4 months ago

Do you mean China as a country, or Chinese people on average individually?

Also; who are you considering 'us'? (This is a global site)

• hihi!
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

In money, no. Intellect... by far. Happiness... probably. In faith, as religious faith, maybe. SO MANY went to burn incense on the day Peking's sky cleared from silver to blue.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.