Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 2 months ago

Have I caused my girlfriend to be ill?

My girlfriend got sick right after we did it (it was her very first time, she had never done anything before). I told her before we started that whatever she had she had to tell me to stop if she was upset or if she felt pain or whatever... she didn't say or did much, and we kissed a lot. Right after we were finished and I was on top of her resting on her chest, she started shivering and was as pale as a sheet. She told me she felt so cold so I gave her some clean pj of mine and wrapped her up in a blanket, she was still cold and kept shivering so I put some more blankets on. Then she started complaining that she was feeling weak so I put my hand on her face, noticed she had fever and measured it and also her blood pressure, which was extremely low. I got worried and phoned with a med hotline and they told me to me make her eat, give her some medicine to lower the temperatur, the main thing is that she didn't want to eat so we also struggled with that. After a hot tea and some biscuits she stopped shivering, took the medicine and fell asleep. I was extremely worried the whole time cause we were alone, at night, and I had no idea what to do and why she got what she got. Was I guilty for it? Did I do something wrong? I had no clue, maybe she was in shock because of what we did, who knows. The next day she still had fever but it was a bit lower and more bearable than the previous night. She also had more appetite. What could have caused it?

• edward

My first girlfriend was always cold and hungry after sex.  Not to the point of being sick (except the first time she felt ill).  It’s not a problem if she’s okay

• helene

Don't flatter yourself, troll.

People don't spike a fever because of sex. It would be possible for her to be allergic to sperm, or maybe even just your sperm, but that wouldn't cause a fever either.

With transitory symptoms, a fever of unknown origin can be difficult to diagnose. Ask her to keep a history of such events to establish a pattern (if there is one). She should dig deeply into her own medical history and that of her parents. If there is no nausea, vomiting, or headaches and the temperature doesn't exceed 103 degrees, she's probably not in a crisis. That doesn't mean nothing is going on though. A permanent loss of appetite is worrisome by itself.