Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 2 months ago

Motorcyclist, do you often use the bike lane to pass other cars if you cant lane split?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

As a general rule, no. Except for yesterday when some but  hole cut me off and left me with only the shoulder of the road. Passed him right up. Phuc  you Mr. BMW sedan.  

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Lane splitting and using the shoulder or bike lane to go around traffic is pretty dangerous and I won't do it. I had an accident once where someone was turning left thru the stopped traffic and I was passing the stopped cars on the right. I couldn't see him until too late. Wham.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

NEVER.  That is passing on the RIGHT.  A huge fine and possible seizure of you bike and seizure of you License.

I ain't willing to chance that.  And the cop could be sitting at a Doughnut shop having one and a coffee and see you do that through the window.

Be afraid. He will remember you for doing that a day or 2 ago and pinch you for that then and there.  Don't get into the habit of riding in the bicycle lane as people also walk in those lanes and broken down cars park there and tourists are studying the road map are sitting off to the side as well.  So the way is not clear for some idiot who does not remember his Driver's Training Manual "Rules of the Road".  Lane splitting is not legal anyways.  You are suppose to act like you have 4 wheels and occupy a space for a 4 wheel vehicle to maintain respect from other car drivers.

Why not ride on the sidewalk...or between the isles in Wally's?   BECAUSE you do not have that right.

• James
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I've never done that.  Not yet, anyway.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I never did. That's a big ticket if you get caught.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't generally L/S, anyway., except on a RH turn  if a cager  stopped in thru lane. .Why Not? I see TPD MC cops do it alla time.

I wont L/S  in bike lane just to pass, save a few seconds, no. .Too much chance of open-door--itis. I face idiot  cagers who Try to lane split with me at least once a week, anyway.   Why tempt Providence?

• adam
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

The only time I do that is at a red light to make a right turn. I only use about 10 feet of that lane to pass the car stopped at the light. No police officer has ever stopped me for doing that. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not too bright are you..?

• 2 months ago

I did that ONE TIME, and I got a ticket.  8^P

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.