Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 2 months ago

How do I hide or change an IP address for free?

I don't want websites or people to track my devices or location.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Use a proxy to hide your IP address

Use Tor to hide your IP address for free

Connect to a different network to change your IP address

Ask your ISP to change your IP address

Unplug your modem to change your IP address

Use a NAT Firewall to hide your private IP address.

• 1 month ago

Use VPN, while connected to a VPN server, it masks your real IP address to make your internet activities anonymous, and X-VPN is a good choice.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can use a VPN. Some browsers like Opera includes a VPN feature. 

• 2 months ago

If your isp uses dynamic ip then simply rebooting your router will probably change the ip address.

You could use a vpn but free ones are either limited or you are putting your data in the hands of the vpn provider. I'd do a lot of research into them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lv 7
    2 months ago

then don't visit websites that track you indiscriminately, like facebook, and google, and amazon.com...

and be sure you have your browser set to send a Do Not Track code (fun fact: Microsoft Edge still tracks where you go anyways).

• 2 months ago

The duckduckgo browser can assist for web browsing, but you cannot hide your ip from email unless you use a vpn, and a good one won't be free.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Use DuckDuckGo browser it dosent keep track of websites you go too and it also has incognito mode which nobody can see you online

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.