Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 2 months ago

How do I hide or change an IP address for free?

I don't want websites or people to track my devices or location.

Use a proxy to hide your IP address

Use Tor to hide your IP address for free

Connect to a different network to change your IP address

Ask your ISP to change your IP address

Unplug your modem to change your IP address

Use a NAT Firewall to hide your private IP address.

Use VPN, while connected to a VPN server, it masks your real IP address to make your internet activities anonymous, and X-VPN is a good choice.

You can use a VPN. Some browsers like Opera includes a VPN feature. 

If your isp uses dynamic ip then simply rebooting your router will probably change the ip address.

You could use a vpn but free ones are either limited or you are putting your data in the hands of the vpn provider. I'd do a lot of research into them.

• Lv 7

then don't visit websites that track you indiscriminately, like facebook, and google, and amazon.com...

and be sure you have your browser set to send a Do Not Track code (fun fact: Microsoft Edge still tracks where you go anyways).

The duckduckgo browser can assist for web browsing, but you cannot hide your ip from email unless you use a vpn, and a good one won't be free.

• ?

Use DuckDuckGo browser it dosent keep track of websites you go too and it also has incognito mode which nobody can see you online