Megan asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 2 months ago

Fujifilm X-A20 help?

I recently got a Fuljfilm X-A20 mirrorless camera. I am just having difficulty setting it up. The screen is white a blurry, I can see movement when wayving my hands in front of it but I have no clue how to fix this. Does this camera require a detacable lens in order to work? The instruction manual was not very helpful.

I recently got a Fuljfilm X-A20 mirrorless camera. I am just having difficulty setting it up. The screen is white and blurry, I can see movement when waving my hands in front of it but I have no clue how to fix this. Does this camera require a detachable lens in order to work? The instruction manual was not very helpful.

If you had troubled yourself to do a bit of research before you spent your money, or if you had even deigned to learn the minimum about photography, you would know that every camera needs a lens in order to be complete. Stick to your cellphone.

• ?

it does help with a lens properly mounted on  and you move your hand at the set distance , or even focus the lens , it might help , of just go back to where you bought it and have them set it for you .. hates people who buy things they know nothing about ..ohh yes the manual  is easy to use , just you cant read .

• Sumi

Without a lens, you won't get a clear in-focus image on the LCD screen.  No camera, with the exception of a pinhole type, can properly function without a lens.

Yes, you need a lens - and unfortunately it looks like the Fuji camera body is a "losing leader" product sold at a low price, just to force people to buy ludicrously expensive lenses.

Unless you have thousands of pounds or dollars to throw away, I'd highly recommend you return the camera body and get a different make, that has lenses at sensible prices.

There are apparently no (or very few) alternate manufacturers for lenses to fit that Fuji body; most camera makes have several alternate manufacturers so you have a choice and there is competition for sales and pricing.

Also some makes have massive secondhand markets; I recently picked up an immaculate Nikon 55-200 AF zoom lens for £55 in a secondhand shop.

The Fuji 55-200 one is over £600...

Look at lens prices with retailers an on ebay, before making any decisions.

• qrk

You need a lens to complete the package. Without a lens, light can't be focused on to the sensor. Perhaps the 15-45mm lens would be a good starter lens at $300 new, or about $200 used. Normally, you would buy the body and lens as a package deal.

"Does this camera require a detachable lens in order to work?"

Yes, it needs an X mount lens.