Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 weeks ago

Do babies know if they keep you awake at night with their crying?

5 days ago

I REALLY hope you are trolling because if you are really having paranoid thoughts like that about your baby or your sibling you have a problem. Babies are innocent and cannot deliberately try to annoy you. In fact children don't want to annoy their parents most of them just want to be loved and they'd have to be a lot older to begin to have any kind of malicious thought in their heads.

• F
    6 days ago

Yeh, they do it on purpose , the little bar stewards.

• L
    1 week ago

NO.  Babies cry for various reasons; hungry, wet/poopy diaper, cold, hot or are in pain.  They know NOTHING about day and night.

Babies don't give a sht. All they know is that they have a mechanism that, when in use, they get fed, their butt changed or they get held. That is what the crying is for. To summon the parent.

Babies cannot empathise because they have no experience and cannot really "know" anything. Their brains are not developed enough. Babies seldom cry without having a reason. Even toddlers don't always know why they are crying. Many years ago my own infant son wouldn't stop crying once, and my wife had to get me to leave work and help. It turned out that she had bought him some new shoes and when I took one off, it turned out that his little toe was bent back - but he hadn't been able to identify the source of the pain.

There are some great parenting books out there! Is he worth the effort?   :o)

Source(s): parenting@jamforlife.co.uk

No. A baby is too selfish to consider other people's wants and needs and obviously they aren't able to help with most people's wants and needs anyway! If they are awake and crying or in distress, they probably need something! And that something isn't always milk (food) but maybe just a warm hug from mom or dad! =)

Source(s): Observed life but I have had no children of my own..just yet.

No, they cry because it is the only way they have to communicate.

• Murzy

no                                  .