Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

Do people name their pet fish in fish tank?

yes, you bet.....................

You bet!! I had one who was the 'peacemaker' in the tank and always swam away from the bully (ie 'Bullyboy) I had the tank beside my computer desk and all my fish would swim to the nearest corner of the tank to be closer to me. And then Bullyboy, would come and ram them and they would swim away terrified. Except this one day, the peacemaker had had enough and turned on Bullyboy! Bullyboy swam away real fast, and never bullied the other fish again. This is when peacemaker became The General. (and my favourite). I was so proud of him . . .  

yes.........

• kswck2

All my fish are called Binky, except the really big ones, they are called Pan Fry. 

yes, my fish's names are bernie and bernina. I named my coral Karl.

• Darla

My betta fish had names. I forgot them except for Mrs Blue. Koi betta fish have named Mr Koi and Mrs Koi. I named one Not Feisty. Because before I had a pet betta named Feisty. She ate bugs. The bug spray people sprayed my place then the fish ate a bug. Then the fish died. I was hoping that the new fish wouldn't do the same thing. But she does. Not Feisty. I don't have a name for her. We got two tanks that have dividers. We got more fish. I wanted to name red and white and blue Patriotic. One fish has like red, purple and blue or silver fins or white fins added in. I don't call them by name every day. But I think they are cute. I have mollies without names. Molly lol. I have platties without names. I have a shark I name Shark. I have a big guppy from a creek and a small guppy. Named Big Guppy and Little Guppy. 

• ?

Not if they are over 10.

I only have named my betta fish. All of my other fish are too similar and too many in quantity to bother naming.

Yes, I name my oscars Oscar and my mollies Molly. 

• PW

No take fish out of tank