Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 months ago

Newly engaged! Can I get a ring for my fiancé to wear until the wedding as well?

My boyfriend proposed to me last weekend with a rose gold engagement ring and wedding band set. I’m only wearing the engagement ring now of course and will be getting him a rose gold wedding band for our special day. But in the meantime, since our wedding is certainly at least a year away, would it be appropriate to gift him a ring to wear now too? Sort of like it representing  my promise to him too. I don’t know if that would be weird or not. I could find a nice band for him to wear until our wedding day. Do people actually do this? 

• ?

Engagement rings for grooms-to-be are a thing so do what feels right to you. 

You’d be wasting load’s of earned money doing so zxjhkpuv

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• ?

There's such a thing as a mangagement ring but usually only gay men wear them.  I asked my FH if he would wear one while we're engaged and he said that he will not.

• Traditionally you get proposed to with an engagement ring, not the whole set. Men that are getting married usually don't wear a ring, until after they say their vows.

You do what ever you and your finance want to do. 

I'm with the majority.  There is nothing wrong with this, but you need to find out if he'd want to wear one.  Since it isn't the norm, and a "band" generally signals a guy is married, it will be confusing.  So he'll need to deal with that.  

My husband wore a Claddagh on this left hand for his engagement ring until the day that we got married. He was very proud to tell the whole world that he was taken. Many people asked about it, and he gladly told them that I gave him that beautiful ring! 

• ?

Yes, but you should talk to him on whether or not he wants one or would wear it until you are married.

My husband is half Greek and in the Greek culture men actually do get an engagement ring.  However, he passed on it said the wedding band would suffice especially if it was a ring he'd only wear until we were actually married.

Men's engagement rings is a relatively new trend in the U.S. and it mainly is a money maker for jewelers and jewelry stores.

• drip

My daughter’s husband wore a ring until the wedding. 

They both had promise rings while in college. He had a sterling silver möbius ring and she had an infinity ring.  When they got engaged he switched  his möbius ring to his left hand ring finger until they married.   He still wears both rings- one on each hand. 

They know some other couples that did similar things. 

I would suggest something that look at least a bit different from a wedding band. Perhaps a signet ring with your initial intertwined. 

You can get him an engagement ring if you (both) want; but it's not traditional. 

Congratulations. Traditionally, men do not get an engagement ring however, this is something that has become more popular in recent years to the extent that a lot of couples now do it. Men's engagement rings are now often worn either together with a wedding ring, or worn on the wedding ring finger until the wedding day, when the engagement ring is then worn on another finger or the right hand. Whether or you do it is up to you but given that you are both engaged too, why shouldn't you both wear a ring to show it?