If a pawn shop is selling a Laptop for $800 what is the best way to talk them down to $700 or $600 ??

I5 , 7th generation 8 gigs of RAM, 500 gig SSD, 15.4 screen and some kind of dedicated Nvidia video card.

I would upgrade the RAM to 16.  Windows 10. 

• keerok

If a pawnshop was selling a $600 laptop, and I had the cash, I'd go to the nearest reputable computer store and buy brand new.

You go in and say, "I see you're selling that laptop for $700."  "All I have on me is $500, but I'd REALLY like to buy that laptop, and I'm sure you could use the money"  If they agree, buy it for $500, if they don't agree, try to talk them down.  If they say "$500 isn't enough for this laptop"  "It's got real good parts inside that makes it worth more than that"  "We'll sell it to you for $650"  Then you say, "Hmmm, but I don't know what's in it"  Okay, I'll take it off your hands for $600."

Now if he says $625, you say $615, and if it goes like that, you'll have a laptop for $615, but if it were me personally, I wouldn't buy from a pawn shop.  I need to see it working before I'd buy it.

• ?

Pretty much you go in there and say that you have XX amount of cash and you'd be willing to buy it for the price you're offering. Never tell them how much money you have. 

Of course it pays to know which Nvidia card is in that laptop because that greatly determines the value of the item. Who knows, you might be able to find a laptop with the same specs on ebay for much cheaper which would be a bargaining chip in your favor. 

Honestly if it has a 7th Gen i5, I don't think it's worth no $700 and $500 might be pushing it. Yep, check ebay first and figure out what it's worth before buying it..

sound like its worth the money

"I like that laptop in the window, no not that one the other one - does it all work, great, it seems a bit expensive though for a second hand lappy - I will give you £600 for it - no well how much will you take, no thats still a bit expensive - how about £700, thats a deal"

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

With a gun, lmao

• ?

No idea, as I wouldn't buy a laptop from a pawn shop.

The best way is to use verbal and non-verbal communication at the same time.  Best luck!

With your mouth.

• ?

walk-in and lay 6 one hundred dollar bills on the counter ...............