Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 2 months ago

What’s the difference between ice tea and sweet tea?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

The definitions are geographic. North of the Mason/Dixon line, Ice tea is not sweetened unless requested. Usually, the server will ask if you would like lemon. In the South ice tea is assumed to be sugared, and to get it otherwise one must order "unsweet tea".  So depending where you are, ice tea can be with or without sugar, and where I live, I have to order "unsweet tea with lemon and Splenda". As a transplant from the Southwest who has lived in the South for forty-some years, it still seems strange to me.

• Will
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Sweet tea is just iced tea with some kind of sweetener to make it sweet. Usually sugar is the sweetener but you can also use honey or any number of sugar substitutes such as sweet and low or equal.

• 2 months ago

Sweet tea is just iced tea with a LOT of sugar added.

• Willie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They both are the same except one has ice and sugar, and the other one has no ice and no sugar.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Times
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Sweet tea is made with the sugar poured into the tea while the tea is still hot.

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The degree of sweetness?

• 2 months ago

Sweet tea is ice tea. It's just sweet. You can get ice tea either sweetened or unsweetened 

• User
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When both are found in the same list

- usually in a restaurant menu

"sweet tea" means "iced tea with sugar"

and

"ice tea" means "iced tea without sugar"

• Robin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

One has sugar the other has ice 

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Sweet tea has more sugar.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.