How come officials don’t put up signs with road numbers ?

For example road thats named Capitol blvd where is live is officially named US 1 highway, after 40 years I just learned this but i have never seen one sign saying its #1 it’s only listed in an obscure highway book

In many regions the same problem appears, but you have to ask them, people here don't know

• ?

Most streets, roads, highways and freeways begin life with a number, or a letter and a number. As they mature they're often called by informal slang names, i.e. "Ventura" or "Capital Beltway" (which is really the I-495 and I-95). But just as often they're given new names as honorifics, i.e. the stretch of the 134 that's now called "Barack Obama Freeway". 

• Jon

Just checked the Google street view for Capitol Boulevard in Wake Forest, and there did seem to be an unusual lack of such signs. So it would seem that the responsible authorities in your area are putting up only the bare minimum required. Why they're doing that is something you'll have to ask them.

It is, but usually only after an intersection with another state/us hwy or approaching said road from another hwy.  

• MS

All roads in my area are labeled with their number (if they have one) in addition to their name (if they also have one).

• Mark

In most jurisdictions, they do.

They do it here in California.

There's a major street near where I live called the El Camino Real.  It is also known by its number 82.  And every mile or so, you'll see a road sign saying it is Highway 82.