Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 2 months ago

How long did each of your labour and deliveries last for each one of your children?

started having contractions and dilating on Feb 3 he was born on Feb 8, 2003. so a full week

Son born 6/16/09 labor 13 hours and 47 minutes 8 pounds 5 ounces Daughter born 12/19/2012 labor 7 hours and 57 minutes 7 pounds 7 ounces she was born on my 25th birthday

Boy#1 was posterior (not to be confused with breach), I went through  21 hours of agonizing  labor. Contractions began in cervix, then traveled to hips, down to my knees, then retrieved back up my legs to where it began,  over and over and over again. I was delirious in pain, so much so that I thought I was at the hospital to get my legs amputated. No chit. He was born healthy at 8lbs 4oz, born on due date!  The intense pain vanished, like it never happened! Howsoever, to this day, I am convinced, 34 years later, I know that labor effected my child, big time. He has ADD and other personality challenges because he suffered trauma during delivery.

Boy#2. Water broke at exactly 1am and contractions were really close, so we left for the 15 minute hospital ride immediately. Got pulled over for a right turn on a no turn on red light. Cop saw I was in labor and escorted us to the hospital that was just one block away. I could not walk and was wheelchaired up to the maternity ward and left there in the hallway as the room was being prepped. I grabbed the shirt of a nurse and would not let go as I demanded she put me in a room because I could feel my baby entering the birth canal, she complied to my begging. So, there I am, in the room, on the bed for just about a minute. The doc walks in a few seconds later and began washing his hands. I YELLED..THE BABY IS COMING. Doc turns around and rushes to me, just in time to CATCH the baby in an umpire position, with bare wet hands. The husband faints and is on the floor.  The doc began to sweat, wide eyed with his jaw dropped.. The nurse is flabbergasted and I say "told you so!". That was at 1:29. Yup, 29 minutes from water breaking to child birth. He weighed 8 lbs 11oz. Delivered six days after due date. I honestly was ready to go home when I woke up the next morning. But with an active two year old at home, I decided to milk my stay for three days of peace. Pun intended, I breastfed my baby!

From start to finish:

Boy #1- 27 hours

Boy #2- 16 hours.

Two children

Child one - induced labor - labor lasted just over six hours and delivery was about 45 minutes.  

Child two - labor started naturally - labor lasted about three hours and delivery was about 30 minutes.

• Tulip

I had 9  children the longest was 72 hours the shortest was 3

Who knows...........................