Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

Has Christmas become a money-making scam?

It. has always been like that.money making deals. I never buy anything anyway

• F

Has been for years and has little to do with Christianity any more. However given it was originally a pagan festival (Yule) hijacked by the Christians , I quite like the irony.

• ?

First and foremost it is a discredit to Christians falling for it becoming a moneymaker more than a prayerful occasion.

• ?

It may be that for you and for millions of others; however, for me and for millions more like me, Christmas is a holy part of our religion and ever was, so your fads and fashions and trends may come and go, and remain a matter of complete indifference to us. As far as your mean and racist little cartoon or comics there about Weinachten and saying that buying from the Jews is betraying your own people, as Christians it's not primarily about buying or money anyway and a Christmas gift could be one from the heart, such as something that you yourself made out of thread spools or whittled or sewn, something that you had, somehow, fashioned with your own hands. Should I buy a gift for someone, Christmastide remains no different than the rest of the year. I don't question if I shop in a store run by Hindoos wearing a red dot and bowing a "Namaste" to the "god within you" or whether the shopkeeper has a menora on display. It won't give me the corresponding feelings I get from a crucifix or a crèche at Christmas time, but it does not fill me with hatred and murderous loathing. Don't belittle Christmas. Which is the Advent of God into the World.

Only if you let it. But considering you're using anti-semitic propaganda, clearly Christmas has mutated into something far more disgusting than a standard capitalist scheme for you

This is disgusting. I am a conservative Catholic and voted for Trump... but am 100% pro Israel and a huge supporter of American Jews regardless of their political affiliation or Self Hate of Israel

My one thing i HATED about Trump is his refusal to disavow right wing groups who also are essentially Jew Hating neo nazis. 

Sadly abortion lovers in the democratic party mean i cant vote Dem.

And yes- Christmas has been co-opted by Capitalist scum. And NO that doesn't mean Jews.

Most CEOs are atheists. You have to be to run a business based on greed and a “screw the employee” mentality

Burn in hell you Jew hating Nazi- say hello to your god Adolf when you get to hell.

Oh yeah - Also- Reported.

Source(s): God, Christianity in General
  • garry

a bit racist the picture , recommends you delete it !!!

• Marli

Please report these "questions" that are deliberately placed in inappropriate categories. They are spam and some are racial or sexual slurs.

Well yah, starting about 70 years ago. 

Definitely, and it's a way of driving mass consumerism. The real meaning of Christmas is lost these days.

The atmosphere and feeling of tranquility that used to descend across the land is no more.If God exists, it appears as if he's abandoned the human race to our gluttonous ways.