Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 months ago

Is it morally right to leave your girlfriend for another girl?

I have a girlfriend and I have been together with her for some years. We are really different from each other, she is extroverted and has many friends, well off parents and had a sheltered life. I am quite the opposite of her but somehow we got together and it's been going on well for many years. Lately I met a girl who cleans houses in the weekend. She is 2 years younger than my girlfriend and looks somehow older (not physically, she looks like a teen, but her face expression makes her look older, as if she was always tired). My girlfriend did a joke on her birthday party, she invited her and made her get insults from the others in purpose because I asked too many questions about her. They laughed about her dress, face, asked her about her job's mom on purpose. When I confronted my girlfriend she laughed it off and said it was just a joke (that day I had to work). The girl stopped talking to me and avoids me. Lately I was told her mom is in hospital having a surgery and she has to clean even more houses now. I just felt so awful, argued with my girlfriend and she just laughed saying: are you inspiring to a law career? We argued so much that I insulted her and told her to go to hell. She said she just did it cause I pushed her to and felt threathened by the girl. I broke up with my girlfriend and want to talk to the girl so bad. I'm just thinking about what my girlfriend said: am I guilty for what happened to her, since my girlfriend admitted doing that out of jealousy?

• ?

staying in an unhappy relationship doesn't do anyone any favors,Staying because you don't want to hurt someone else is selfish because it takes away the other person's agency to make a decision,"move on instead of having cake eating it too.

You may have been taught that this is what true love is -- a soul mate that is your other half -- but this is really codependency. If you don't have enough room to grow as a whole person in a relationship, you may not only be holding yourself back but your partner as well."

• ?

When a girlfriend is as cruel as yours is, yes, that's probably what she deserves. 

• a

I'm guessing a poster who doesn't know the difference between 'aspiring' and 'inspiring' won't be practicing law in the future.

If this is a true story, (and your girlfriend inviting a stranger to her party is frankly a bit unbelievable) your old girlfriend is a jerk. If you're not married, you're free to end the relationship.

You did not force your girlfriend and her friends to insult and bully that girl. That was an awful and immature thing for those girls to do. Shame on them.

Your girlfriend is an insecure idiot. No one you should have to put up with! She showed her true colors and you were wise to let her go.

Yes, yes, yes keep in contact with the other girl. Everyone needs friends and maybe you could become friends. Do not allow the bully ex to ruin what could become a good friendship with that other girl.

It's probably best for both of you.

• ?

I don't know but if you broke up with your girlfriend how is it you are cheating.  Are you thinking of seeing both of them anyway...of course that's wrong.

so because your girlfriend made a joke about this random a*s girl, you break up with your gf just so you can now date this random a*s girl? i don't understand you. 

• ?

First of all, you're girly for arguing and yelling at a woman. Smile and walk away if you don't like the way things are going. Are you the man of the house or not? Stop stooping to women's tactics of arguing and yelling. Your girlfriend is a huge douche. As far as I'm concerned, she's the type who will drop you over night and be with a new guy the next day. Just look at how she's willing to hurt someone's feelings without a second thought. She's a real psycho. 

It’s not wrong, what’s wrong is sacrificing your own happiness to make someone else happy. You should talk to this other girl, it sounds like she really needs a caring friend.

• car253

Your girlfriend is a brat.   She thinks she is better than everyone else.   She has no heart for those less fortunate.      Probably neither of these "girls" are the right person for you.      What your girlfriend did was CRUEL.    And, unforgiveable.   No reason to argue with her over it.   She is who she is and she will not change.    Just move on. 

Lucky for you that you found out now what kind of person she really is so you don't get stuck with her. 

If you were to give her another chance only if she goes to a food kitchen with you or a homeless shelter and volunteer to pass out food to the less fortunate.   I doubt is she is willing so bottom line is to move on.