Medical advice needed, vertigo!?

Right so to cut it short, I’m a 20 year old vegan female and since July I’ve been getting these 2 minute long vertigo attacks, they happen randomly, so it could be while I’m lying down watching YouTube on my phone or while I’m at work just standing still and it’s gotten worse, my first attack happened in July, and they were quite short and while it was happening the room only spun one way, now everything spins one way and then stops and starts rotating the other way, I’ve gone to the doctors and he doesn’t think it’s too do with anything inner ear wise and he tried to trigger it by getting me to move in certain positions, it’s effecting me a lot because I’m always aware it could happen at any moment, also too add, I’ve been getting these dizzy flushes while I’m out walking around, it wont be a full on vertigo attack but I would feel like a rush of dizziness, plus I suffer from hyperthyroidism and I have a pineal cyst,

I just want some advice on what I could pretentiously suggest to the doctor on why I’m experiencing this,

Thanks in advance 🥺😞 

6 Answers

  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

    You'd mentioned having gone to some doctors but didn't mention if one was an ear, nose & throat (ENT) specialist, who has more specialized knowledge about inner ear (vestibular) disorders and/or to help rule out such issues.  Please ask your GP (general practitioner) for a referral to a board-certified ENT if you haven't been to one as of yet.  Please also mention about the hyperthyroidism and pineal cyst, including to the ENT.

    With regard to the hyperthyroidism, perhaps you can also get a referral to a board-certified endocrinologist (M.D. or D.O.), which is a doctor who treats those with hormone-related conditions.  Perhaps the doctor may send you for some blood work and/or other tests, and/or consider if any medication taken needs to be adjusted or changed.  

    Pertaining to the pineal cyst, one such university website mentions that "pineal cysts are benign, fluid-filled cysts in the pineal gland."  It further mentions that "the pineal gland produces the hormone melatonin, which helps regulate other hormones and maintains the body's biological clock, known as the circadian rhythm."  Perhaps you can talk with the endocrinologist and/or ENT re: whether they believe that the pineal cyst may be related to the vertigo and/or dizziness.

    For those with inner ear disorders and/or balance issues, vestibular therapy *might* apparently be helpful.  Either a physical therapist (PT) or occupational therapist (OT) may administer vestibular therapy.  One may need a script from a medical doctor before therapy may begin.

  • 2 months ago

    I think you meant potentially--not preteniously, unless you are really trying to piss off you are really trying to piss off your dr.  

    I got vertigo this summer--the one thing that worked was the epley maneuver--I found a video on it on youtube where she explained how to figure out which ear was effected and then how to correct it---I also took a pill for motion sickness that is basically a antihistamine that effects the inner ear=meclizine (got it online) and haven't had full on vertigo since (knock on wood).  good luck!

  • 2 months ago

    There are several inner ear issues that can cause the problem.    Go see and ENT doctor.  

  • 2 months ago

    This could be postural vertigo??????

    PV(positional vertigo) is violent vertigo that lasts less than 30 seconds and is triggered by certain head positions. This type of vertigo can be caused by conditions that damage the semicircular canals ( the part of the inner ear involving the balance).for example PV may be caused by injury's to the inner ear, otitis media, ear surgery's, or blockage of the artery to the inner ear.

    Source(s): nurse
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    As a vegan you need to watch to make sure you are getting appropriate nutrients.  Some vitamins / minerals we need only come from animals.

    Also, just the basics = are you getting enough water?

    I'd go to a holistic doctor to get a different viewpoint of your overall health.

  • 2 months ago

    Dont suggest anything to the doctor--that can be dangerous as then they can be influenced and overlook something.  Simply state your symptoms,

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.