How can there ever be equality if everyone wants to be on top?

Everybody wants to feel unique, special, or different, but then complains when they don't get treated the same as someone else. How do you explain to people that you can't have it both ways. Women should be held accountable for their actions just like any man. Society should take steps to get rid of affirmative action and white privilege. 

So long as we treat one person differently than the other, someone will always feel like they are being treated unfairly. Is equality still the end goal? Was the civil rights movement a waste of time? We fought so hard to end segregation, but are afraid to blend the cultures together. What is the problem, too much or too little equality?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Radical leftists want there to be no top.

You can be special and unique without being ten times as rich as the next person

• 2 months ago

Equality as a person and group in society is our collective right, but individually we all want to feel like more than a number.

I'm not so sure we fear fully blending our society together. It's more that as a collaborative type species, we connect with others that have some similarity to us. Hence we might use religion, culture, location, level of education, interests, hobbies, sport, shared adversity or some form of achievement, as the catalyst for forming this group.

Something as simple as upbringing can make all the difference as to whether we become friends with a person or not.

When it comes to equality I fully agree with everyone having the same rights. Some people or groups do require additional assistance to achieve the same performance level. However we begin delving into favouritism when we introduce concepts like affirmative action, where the person hasn't truly "earned" the job, title or status. 

• 2 months ago

Well, I want to bring back white slavery so I can see what you mean. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.