Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

How do I secretly bury the ashes of my dead wife at an Arboretum with a marked grave without being discovered by staff? Read below?

My wife's favorite place is the Arboretum.  She was on late stage cancer when she made me promise her that I would bury her ashes at the Arboretum. So she passed away a few months ago and I got her ashes. I contacted the Arboretum about this and they told me they are not a cemetery but they do allow limited scattering of ashes for a significant donation.  

So I am thinking I bring the ashes with me and just bury it there, but I don't want an unmarked grave, but I can't have a marked grave either as staff may discover it, so what can I do?

Things like that are found in parks and other places.  Do you know what happens then?  They are flushed down the toilet. Ashes to sewage...because THEY ARE NOT A CEMETERY.  What part of that do you not understand?   Guaranteed the ashes do not know where they went. Or bury her in a nice grove of woods kind of like the place she likes. or leave it on the mantle.  Many people keep them because they are too cheap to buy a burial spot in a cemetery.

• L

Follow their rules and all will be fine.

• its me

Ask the arboretum if you can donate a bench to them with her name on it...and do it that way lots of places aloud that..

You might have to do a bit of surreptitious scattering. Friend of mine's husband wanted to be scattered at a cricket ground. But they don't allow it. So in a scene reminiscent of the Great Escape she did a lap of honour sprinkling as she went.

Keep your wife's ashes on the mantle with a picture of the arboretum behind her urn.  {What's a Greek urn ?? ... about 12 euros an hour.}  EDIT: to whoever gave me the thumbs down, I did not take this person seriously !!!

Find a named tree in a remote spot that has some significance for her or you and scatter away, or dig a hole and bury ashes sans urn. Salve conscience by making a modest donation.

All it takes is money.  Enough of it and they will name the arboretum after her.  What you might do is find an alternative location.  Like a cemetery where you can erect a monument like you want and have a special monument built.  Small towns, rural cemeteries.

• ?

Either make a significant donation, or forget about trying to fulfil your promise.