my girlfriend tested positive for covid19 and I live with her but tested negative what should i do?

So her first symptom showed up on 16, she was tested on the 18th and that's when she started quarantine. on the 19th is when she got her results back positive and the 19th is when i got tested and on the 23rd is when i got my results back negative. but ive been in quarantine since the 19th. So do i have it but tested negative cause i took my test to soon? If i really dont have it then  what should i do i already stay 6 feet apart but we hugged each other on the 18th a day before her positive result and slept next to each other that night. I am symptom free at the moment.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

This is kind of a loaded question.

If you don't have symptoms, you may be asymptomatic.

Other options are:

- you take a much larger amount of virus membranes to create an infection than most people and never acquired enough virus membranes.

- studies show that if you have vitamin D sufficiency (enough vitamin D), there is a 54% chance that you will not get covid.  You may have enough vitamin D and be part of the lucky 54%.

- you might have been asymptomatic and been the one to give it to your girlfriend.  By the time you took the tests, the virus was no longer in your body.

- Covid creates t-cell changes in our body.  Every covid patient has these t-cell changes.  however, these changes are not unique to covid.  People have acquired the change over the years from other colds.  These changes "may' cause immunity (it's unknown at this time).  it's possible that you already have the t-cell change so you have a natural immunity to covid.

If you are curious:

- you can take another covid test to see if you are still negative

- in a few weeks take an antibody test to see if you ever had covid.  this tests IgG and IgM antibodies, not t-cell antibodies.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You may not get it if she recovers quickly. Just stay 6 feet away from her for now 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You definitely have it or will get it, so dont go out, stay home. This is apparently very common, that 1 person in the house tests positive and when you go to test its negative, it just means you are in incubation period, but for sure you will get it. Its best to assume in this case you will get it or have it and not even go test, just dont go out

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

She was contagious since around the 14th. A person is contagious up to 2 days before the first symptom shows up. You could be in incubation until the 28th. 

It takes 2 to 14 days for incubation so your test came out negative because 1.  You got lucky and didn’t catch it. 2.  It’s still incubating. 3.  You might have had it and developed immunity. Did you get flu like symptoms earlier this year. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.