Can I keep my Pixel 2 after December?

I absolutely love this phone with all my heart and do not want to give it up but Google have announced that it will be ending the security updates in December. I'm not very tech savvy and I know people can "jailbreak" their androids and install their own security updates but I'm not sure how to do this and I'm scared of messing up my phone. Is there an easy way to keep my phone and just download the security updates every month or do I just need to bite the bullet and upgrade?

Yes, but be more wary of your personal details getting hacked as the months go by. Look into LineageOS.

I went through this sort of nonsense with my last Windows phone (way nicer to use than either Android or iPhone). I've still kept it for the camera and regular phone calls, but won't let it go near anything to do with money.

• ?

You seem to know that you will have to do some reading to continue to safely use it after security updates end.