Evan asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 months ago

my friend took back her wedding invitation?

I got invited to my friends wedding but couldn't go due to family stuff. I texted her to wish her all the best on her special day. Then I got a "wedding postponed" card from her in the mail but I found out her wedding was never postponed. Why would she do this? Has this ever happened to anyone else? 

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

She sounds like a jerk. 

• 2 months ago

Did you notify her you wouldn't be there as soon as you learned you couldn't?  If not, you should have, but I don't know that it justifies sending a fake postponement card.  Also, she could have been miffed that you texted your best wishes, which is pretty throwaway considering it's a wedding.  Not everything is suitable for text.  Still I don't know why she'd send that fake card.

For answers saying it could have been changed to family only, this is possible, but then the card would have explained that, rather than imply the wedding itself is off.

• Trish
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I wouldn't fret over this especially since you couldn't make it anyway.

• L
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Since you already let her know you can't make it - MOVE ON.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Perhaps they were going to postpone and sent out cards, then decide to marry with just immediate family

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I know a few couples who were to be married this year whose weddings were either postponed or plans changed that didn't include the original planned guests (reduced numbers).

• 2 months ago

Currently, with COVID-19, many large weddings have been canceled and replaced with very small ceremonies.

• 2 months ago

There's an international pandemic. It could have been postponed, then allowed with reduced numbers etc. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

was it postponed or not?? we are in a pandemic, it better have been postponed. are you just a guest or in the wedding party? maybe she forgot about you. don't worry, she'll take advantage of this pandemic and have yet another wedding after the pandemic is over so she can get more attention. i wouldn't go to either. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Probably because this "friend" isn't a friend at all and she's also aBitch

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.