Why do many people blast the bass so loud when playing rap? ?

I love rap, but I feel like many people play it obnoxiously. Like blasting it so loud my car and theirs shake. My issue is with my neighbors who sit in their car at midnight and blasts it so loud I can hear it in my apartment with the TV on and the windows closed. 

• blank

I used  to do that. But I am now an adult and I find it annoying for someone to have thier bass way up in thier vehicle. I feel bad for the people that I have done this to and they had to listen to my music over theirs . I now realize that is not right to do and is very annoying. People think it is cool. I used to think that. But not any more.

To get what they mostly dont get without the use of it, acknowledgement from others.

Because there is no "music" to listen to in that shet.  It's just street poetry (and mostly just bad, copy-cat garbage of stuff that was cool years ago). This is the modern-day equivalent of the beat poets reading their shet in coffee houses in the late '50's/early '60's with bongo drums in the background.  Didn't qualify as music back then, and doesn't qualify as music now.  Might as well sit your asz on the sub-woofer, because there ain't no other music coming out of the speakers to move you.

Idk cuz I listen to rap for the lyrics and I can’t hear the vocals of the bass is up too high. 

Because they are simply inconsiderate bastards  that do not care who they may be disturbing by playing their music loudly. Just as they do not give me consideration I give them none when I call the police, and see no reason to inconvenience myself by waking up to their car to ask them to turn down what they already know is to loud