Prince asked in SportsBasketball · 2 months ago

Can I play college basketball or football being 5'8 ?

I played football and basketball in high school and I was not bad but I didn't start . The coaches played favorites and I was not used correctly so alot of my talent was wasted and I never found my full potential. I'm 25 years old now.

• Greg

You could play football but not basketball.

To be honest and blunt, not likely unless intermurals. I worked at various athletic events (baseball, basketball, soccer, track, volleyball) in college and became well aware that

D2, D3, Junior College athletes occasionally had D1 talent just didn't take academics 

well enough in high school to be seriously considered by better known, bigger schools. 

Do you even have the grades & test scores to get in? Any idea what you want to study? 

If not then make it your priority. D2's and down are much more likely to have open tryouts.

Source(s): In addition to working at various NCAA events also worked 2 seasons for a D1 men's soccer team.