If a neighbours tree overhangs my yard and I want it trimmed back& a second tree root of theirs is pushing against my fence can I send them?

The bill or how does it work ? In Vic

Update:

If I saw their tree root which is protruding on my property, and then their tree dies, is that their problem?

Update 2:

armorour so I can trim and then throw the branches over their side? Without telling them ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You Have 2 choices ask them to remove them or do it yourself you Cannot Bill them for an Act of nature

they Have No Control over Gods tree and How it Grows

I have told My Neighbours if you trim my tree they can drop the Branches in my Yard for disposal

PLEASE READ my ANSWER

I have told My Neighbours if you trim my tree they can drop the Branches in my Yard for disposal

You must make arrangements with your Neighbour if he Prunes your tree then the waste is His Problem 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Contact a backyard arbortionist 

• 2 months ago

nope..you can trim it your side of  the fence  at your expense and you can cut root your side at your expense....

be nice if you nicely told  them what ya gonna do....dont fall out over a tree

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No but you can trim any of that tree on or over your property 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If you're renting contact your agent.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can trim any overhanging branches as far as the property line.  I assume the same applies to any roots crossing the boundary line. You could advise them if you wanted. If they complain about the root then they could get an arborist report. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.