Is shampoo with ginseng in it dangerous for bipolar people? Will the shampoo I bought with it infused potentially cause mania?

I bought shampoo on Amazon and realized after that ginseng is in it. I have read about ginseng contributing to mania, but I don't know if topical application is different from oral ingestion. 

• Tavy

Shampoo stays on the scalp. It is impossible for it to enter your brain. Anything you put on any part of the skin on your body cannot enter the brain.

• kelvin

nope just trollitis

• Lili

I doubt anyone here's in a position to answer such a question.  Psychiatric researchers don't hang out here.

The best I can say is that I think highly unlikely that ginseng in a shampoo could cause any problems at all, but it's true studies have shown that ingesting ginseng might.  The amount in a shampoo is probably very, very small, but if you feel uncomfortable with the fact that the shampoo contains ginseng, just don't use it.