He hurried toward the gate of the pen, through the flock of sheep.
Is the comma essential, optional or forbidden? Thanks!
- MsBittnerLv 72 months agoFavourite answer
As written, the comma is necessary, but I agree that the elements of this sentence are not in the best order. I'd go with "He hurried through the flock of sheep toward the gate of the pen."
- ZirpLv 72 months ago
is there a pen through the flock of sheep, a pen that happens to have a gate?
If not, it is essential
- The First DragonLv 72 months ago
Optional, though I think it is slightly better with the comma than without.
- BillybeanLv 72 months ago
It would be better written as:
He hurried through the flock of sheep toward the gate of the pen.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- choko_canyonLv 72 months ago
In that sentence it's optional.
- MattLv 62 months ago