My son is using a Lenova Chromebook for school and we've been through 4. I also am in college online with a HP, no issues! What's going on?!?

Is issues with the chromebooks common? Hes failing because he cannot complete the assignments cause videos won't load!

The Chromebook and its  operating system is designed to just cruise Internet.  Any operations involving office work or entertainment use the applications that reside on servers at Google, not inside that simplistic laptop.  So there is a lot of back and forth conversation between Google servers and a Chromebook to get anything done.  Custom videos from a school system are way outside the normal use of a Chromebook.  There is not enough internal storage on a Chromebook to do much.

No wonder your son is having a problem.  Get him a normal Windows laptop with normal Internet connection.  Any software issued by school system to work in a Windows computer should be a smooth operation.  That includes videos.

are you sure he is not going to dodgy websites and getting them infected with a virus?.

that makes more sense then have 4 in a row drop dead.

or maybe he is failing/sick of school and is sabotaging them.

give him your HP if it doesn't last, them i'm right.

My cousins all use chromebooks for school. I've found that they all tend to have some issues with them. I hope this helps