Kitchen sink in our rental wont drain no matter what. The landlord and a plumber have both tried fixing it with no luck. What could be wrong?

We are renting a mobile home that is 75 feet long and a plumber used an electric power snake to snake the drain line 75 feet (I don't think it could go any further because that is the full length of this mobile home), but even then the drain line still appears to be clogged and it will not drain. Can anyone think of any possible reason why it still might not be draining or why it might still be clogged even after this? Because I am stumped myself.

The plumber did say there seems to be a lot of grease in the line, which could have been there before we moved in here (we have only been here for about 3 years and we never put grease down the drain unless it is a very small amount, and very infrequently), but I still don't know why it would still appear to be clogged even if he snaked the entire length. Now the landlord is talking to his grandmother who owns the place. I am wondering if it's better for us to move because I feel bad about this and I don't want the landlord or the owner to have to fix it right now if they don't want to.

• ?

If the landlord can NOT get this unplugged - then look for another place to live because, as a renter, everything must work.

You need someone to snake a CAMERA through the line to actually LOOK AT the issue. There are MANY possible issues and guessing WILL cost far more than LOOKING.

Landlord can't rent it to you or anyone so he loses his income. So it is in his best interest TO HIRE A BETTER PLUMBER THAN RUDY G. You don't care. You find a place that does not have problems.

No, no, no--don't be that considerate to the landlord--if the sink won't drain AFTER the plumber snaked it, the problem is most likely further down the line than his snake could go. And that can be an issue with the city or county's water lines and drainage. 

There could be a massive clog in the line where the landlord has no responsibility; i.e  beyond the property line. That's something you and he need to find out. If it is a problem with the city sewer lines, it's the CITY'S responsibility to fix it. 

This did happen in my previous house--and it would cause massive sewage backups into my basement. There was a plant about half a mile up the street where butter was produced--and they had been dumping grease into the sewer line for months--causing the backup to accumulate at the 'bottom' (end) of the sewer drainage line, which was at my house. The city had to fine the company, clean out the drains, then install a back-flow valve on MY drain line so it would no longer back up into my house--because they were completely responsible for all those cleanups and insurance claims--which cost them thousands. I had to call the city attorney to make sure it was paid by them and not me, but they did finally resolve the issue. So don't give up and let this go. The landlord can't rent out the unit if the sink won't drain anyway. And you don't have to worry about his expenses--it's his responsibility to keep his rental units habitable. 

if it doesn't drain, the place can't be rented so landlord's income would be zero.  As to why not drain -- perhaps the drain line needs to be disconnected underneath the unit so it can be tested both within the unit [it's likely fine] and then the underground portion to the full length of the power snake.  If that doesn't solve the problem, landlord may resort to various chemicals put into the sewer line -- the worst case is that he'll have to dig up the line to find the cause and correct it.  Plumber will advise him -- this is landlord's worry, not yours.  YOU need to prepare to move -- in case landlord can't or won't fix this [digging up the line to find the problem -- which could be tree roots growing into a break in it] takes time and a good bit of money ... and that's landlord's problem.  -- grampa

Toilet ("brown" water) is septic tank obviously. "Gray water" from sinks/showers doesn't always go to septic tank. I have seen gray water drain to the lawn in country rentals. Force water with a garden hose down the drain with one person at the sink and another at the hose faucet. 

are the toilet and shower draining ?  if not then the problem is in the main line . if they are , the problem is under your sink . get a better plumber / rooter company . 

The drain line continues past the end of the trailer to a septic tank or sewer. Obviously the clog is past where they went to.

• drip

The owner is responsible to have the rental in good working order. Fixing the plumbing would definitely be their responsibility.  And you can not live in a place where you can not use the sink. 

It doesn’t matter if the landlord wants to fix it now or not. With a tenet in the place they need to fix it.  There is nothing to feel bad about. 

Move if it is convenient for you. Otherwise they need to fix the problem ASAP. I wouldn’t be paying full rent until they do.  

The person who owns the place is the landlord. Sounds like the son is just managing it for her.

Have them get a better plumber to come in. One with more experience. As John posted your pipes don’t end at your trailer.

Move,            /