Jake asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 2 months ago

Do you think AT&T is a buy right now?

If choosing that field I would rather have VZ, its better run and safer dividend.  T does have a nice dividend though that looks like they will be able to pay it, but are going through some reorganizing right now ...

Other than the Dividend, There really isn't anything in AT&T  that looks like a great buy

There are so many opinions on T at the present time that it's future return is a tough call. Currently, it's dividend is paying 7.12% which makes it a fairly safe bet for those who are looking for income. As for capital gains, they're now looking at a new CEO as well as a CFO. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm holding my shares at this time.

• kswck2

If you want a solid dividend, go for it. But if you want Capital Appreciation, AT&T is just lolling around in its mediocrity right now-kind of like GE. 

• ?

It lives in the land of mediocrity. There are always 100s to thousands of better stocks to be bought.

It is worth looking into if you are in it for the dividend. But otherwise, it isn't a high growth company.

• Bill

It's a solid dividend paying stock.  It's not a stock that appreciates much.  If you are seeking income, go for it.  

If dividends are your thing, sure.