is this charachter racist?

i have this charachter, who isnt human (none of my charachters are outside of aus), but i see her as being black if she were human. shes not necesarily cheerful, but incredibly energetic. shes very determined, and wanderlust is at the very core of her being. she cannot stay in one place for too long without turning into a crabby, lethargic bastard. she also has difficulty empathising with others unless their problem directly effects her or somebody she cares about. it might just be my period making me paranoid, but im a bit worried this might be racist

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Please give even ONE reason why this character might be "racist". I assure you that being black is not racist, nor is it racist to include black characters in your story.

• Marli
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Can she be "incredibly energetic" but "lethargic" when she stays in one place for a long time? I suppose if Sherlock Holmes could, she can. 

Since Mr. Holmes is a white man, and you see your character as black, those traits are not noticeable in one race.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Even the most despicable character has to have at least one trait with which the reader can identify.

• 2 months ago

Personal characteristics are human, not based on race 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Maybe not so much racist but certainly bordering on being somewhat stereotypical.

Also, the word is character, not charachter.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.