Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 2 months ago

Do people not care they're raising the prices for next gen games?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

who cares be glad you even get games that are next gen 

• 2 months ago

?

People want them and there a TON of Scalpers buying up consoles and whatever you want and turning around, selling all for 3 times the MSRP.

Not cool at all!!

• 2 months ago

I only have a PS3, so I wouldn't get one

• 2 months ago

Considering that production costs for major AAA release titles have increased significantly over the past 25 years...  YET the retail price has remained the same for roughly 25 years (when it should be pushing $100, just to account for inflation).

This is why DLC & micro-transactions appeared in order to supplement the production costs.  Therefore, the increase in price to $70 is something that is a long-time coming for major AAA releases... which the price point was the standard in the NES & SNES eras (falling down to $60 with the PS1 / N64 era onward).

WITH THAT SAID, the ecosystem for console games are more diverse than ever with a lot of indie & smaller publishers offering games digitally at prices lower than typical retail releases, so you can still obtain games that can fit your wallet.  If you don't waiting a couple of months (or years) after a game release, you can typically find a discount for most games.

As long as games are reasonably price without major annoyances, the community in general will roll with the punches on this.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

People care, hence there are many who opted to either scrapping for deals on the internet, or not buying the game instantly during release day, since the price will gone down after a few months.

Besides, there's still lots of games that offers free next gen upgrades, where the price of last gen games is still not increased.

• garry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

no , they still pay it ..it cost 50 cents to put a game on a disk and you pay $50 for it , see what i mean ..

• 2 months ago

A lot of people care quite a bit!

However games have been $60 dollars for so long that people have forgotten that the natural inflation of prices is a natural result of a successful economy. Companies will either have to increase the prices of their games OR they will have to add more microtransaction and more aggressive advertisements within the game.

I personally prefer the $10 price increase, but it's understandable to be upset ESPECIALLY when *certain* companies charge $70 dollars and then continue to have aggressive microtransaction campaigns within the game.

• Raditz
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

People care, hence there are many who opted to either scrapping for deals on the internet, or not buying the game instantly during release day, since the price will gone down after a few months.

Besides, there's still lots of games that offers free next gen upgrades, where the price of last gen games is still not increased.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I don't, because Steam usually puts stuff on sale eventually, so I don't mind waiting to buy.

• 2 months ago

I'm more upset that they will continue to stick microtransactions into what is now $70 games.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.