Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 2 months ago

How many guns do you buy every year? Does any gun ever become obsolete? I buy 1 or 2 a year and now have over 50 guns, all functioning?

I haven't bought any for a few years, because I have a wide variety already. If one wears out or malfunctions, I'll buy a new gun for sure. 

every year is different for me. 

does any gun become obsolete? well....you...are about to open a can of worms lol

some people consider revolvers obsolete. i do not. but some do. some even consider metal framed guns obsolete, and ill bet in the next 10 years, assuming the 2nd amendment still stands, id bet that iron sights would be considered obsolete. 

in fact, get this.

back in the old west, ie the 1800s, mid to late 1800s the double barrel shotgun was the king of the american household. it was not uncommon for a home owner to use one for the defense of the household. 

id say maybe 100 years later, 1950s to around 2010 the pump shotgun took over as king of the home. again, it was not uncommon for a home owner to use one for defense. leaving the double barrel to basically retire.

from 2010 to present the ar15 has become the king of the american household. it is not uncommon to find a home owner defending his home and property with an ar15. leaving the pump aside. (ar15 given you know what ammo to use and understand the penetration issues to overcome)

all three are good to have. personally, i would use my ar15 to defend my home. its what i trained on. its what i know. and i know about the ballistic capabilities for the caliber, so i know over penetration isnt a big problem. and added bonus for me on a personal level since i can actually tell a jury that i used a similar platform in the army.

I have not bought any guns for some years, for I have a variety for any purpose. Yes, guns can become obsolete, and some were already obsolete when they were first made. The media cannot be trusted, since it depends upon advertising as its main source of revenue. Gun magazines will praise junk guns if paid well to do so. A few months ago, i wrote a letter to "American Rifleman" magazine about their giving some handguns special treatment. I wrote a book about choosing a combat handgun. I could not find a publisher, since I scored various guns, and they do not wish to do that, since guns with low scores buy ads. 

Enough to make Democrats nervous, but not enough to save the Remington company. The closest thing to obsolescnce you will see with firearms is an unavailbility of ammunition.

Guns are very dangerous 

1) As many as I want.

2) No

3.0) Good for you.

3.1) I have an old 17 cal. Flobert Gallery gun that I need to find a few parts for.

• Mr.357

I have no quota.  I just buy one when I need or want a different gun.  Well, and to replace the ones lost in boating accidents.

• C T M

1. None of your business.

2. Yes.

3. Who cares.

None.  I have no purpose to own a firearm.