What's the best automatic trans. 4x4 pickup truck with long bed that gets the best fuel economy with a tow-hitch/ package for $6k & under?

I am trying to get a good sturdy reliable but good automatic trans. 4x4 pickup truck that has a long bed that is good on gas that has a tow package that has the maximum tow compacity of 6,000 pounds where I can pull my light weight 4 season camper trailer in the summer now and then. 

When I am not towing is there a good reliable pick up four door four wheel drive pick up truck that gets the best mileage when driving long distance that's not diesel but can run on either unleaded, premium, and or e85/ flex for under $6,000 U.S. dollars. 

I do alot of driving and traveling that's why I'm looking around first so I don't screw up and make a mistake again. I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe v6 and I am looking to either trade it for a pickup truck or sale it and buy a used one that has no accident's no rust and 1 owner. Can someone please help me out on this question.   

Note: I used to own a dodge ram 2500 it was ok, and I once owed a ford f 250  the driving is different but I figure you guys and girls could lead me in the right direction even if its a Toyota Tundra as long as it as 4x4 with automatic four wheel drive but must be able to pick my 6,000 pound 4 season camper trailer but when not pulling it be good on gas if possible. 

Please help me.

Buy a Chevy half ton truck.

Go to the library and in the reference section pull out about the last five years worth of "The Consumers Reports Buyers Guide". Look to see who makes the most reliable full sized pick-up that can handle the load you want to pull.

The list will more then likely boil down to either a Dodge or Ford. Many of the GM products have front suspension problems.

Once you figure out what you are looking for, then check out the local ads and see which of those trucks are showing up in your area for less then 6000 dollars. If none then just how much more are they.

You might have to expand your area of consideration. Where I live any 4wd truck that is worth owning is going to cost more then 6000 dollars. The 6000 dollar range 4wd pickups are marginal or just under the age of being an antique.

For reference use NADA prices and maybe even their used vehicle search site.

• Anton

You want a reliable four door long bed 4x4 pickup truck -- for under $6000 U.S..

The ONLY place you will find that is in your dreams.