What are your thoughts on Kpop? Not just BTS (the boy band) but the genre as a whole?

• Blah

I've gotten into it recently and there's definitely some songs I vibe with. Right now my favorite is Face by Woosung, but also I really like the aesthetics and dancing in the music video (MV) Criminal by Taemin. I also love that MAX (an american singer) included a rap part by Suga (from BTS) in one of his recent songs as its a cool combo! And I think american pop could stand with having more variety. Most of the songs I've liked from Kpop have been single singers and not so much from groups yet, but I've always liked a lot of genres and listen to whatever music sounds good to me. 

Yes, the genre as a whole is still pop, meaning there's a lot of similarities like american pop would have to itself, but there are still songs that stand out within the group. I like the dancing compared to american dancing, but I'm sure if I watch more kpop MVs I'll see it as being more the same. One thing I particularly liked in the MV Criminal is that there are background woman dancers that just feel human, whereas in a lot of western music if there's background woman dancers they feel more like objects so it was a breath of fresh air. I also understand the appeal of being into band groups and the community that goes along with it and its a lot of times just simple fun and something to make you happy. I think a lot of people like it for the singers' personalities that are showcased in interviews/fan cams and there's nothing wrong with that so long as you don't take the obsession too far. 

It's complete and total s***...

I like Kpop music recently. they are so cool and are really good at dancing. Also some of them have members who can speak multiple languages. so they are so awesome.

It's not the kind of music that I like and I find them all creepy tbh. Always trying so hard to stand out yet somehow they all look, sing and dance the same.