How would society react if they discovered that a young woman had socialize with some aliens that she invited without telling anyone?

What would the USA, the United Nations and SETI do if they discovered that in Portugal there was a 20 years old woman from the high aristocracy who for months has been living with some aliens that she invited? This is a sci fi story that i am writing and i would like to know more or less what would be the more logical reaction of human society if they discovered that a young and beautiful aristocrat (who is one of my main characters in my saga) has made secret friendships with aliens and even with a powerful and mysterious human family that had created some huge robotic mythological creatures… I would like to know more or less how society would react in such a case?

I would think most would not believe it; it would be left to the realm of people  who read the "National Enquirer", while governments would remain tight-lipped around it, but would be sending covert investigators to check it out...