Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 2 months ago

Why is it hard to become a vegetarian? I always go back to eating meat?

You need things like fat and salt to live. You can make some argument being veg is healthier, but we are in fact purpose built to hunt ungulates. We supplemented with foraging and only in a blip of our evolutionary history have we had agriculture to support eating only veg. Not eating meat is in fact, neurologically like avoiding sex and anger, as there is a gland just for that.

You believe it's hard.   It wasn't hard at all for me to go vegetarian then later vegan.  

Taste is habit. Other than the basics of desiring sugars and fats or salt, everything you think tastes good is only an acquired taste.  It's been so long since I've eaten animal flesh I don't even like the smell of it.  

Think about the animals you either kill or pay someone to kill for you.  They were smart enough to remember you.  They didn't want to die. They just wanted to do their thing and have babies and didn't mean you any harm.  

1)  Meat/fish tastes good and it gives a satisfying feeling.

2)  Hard to be self-disciplined about denying yourself something pleasurable and nutritious for absolutely zero logical reason.

• Robert

Because animal flesh is delicious.  

You’re weak.