Did anyone take the time to ask Elon Musk about the monolith found in Utah?

I mean, it seems to be obvious he had something to do with it. I took a considerable amount of money to make. It took an idea out of 2001: A Space Odyssey, so a space sci-fi interested person with lots of money to spend and machinery to use. Someone who would go to a lot of trouble and expense to do something like that. I think it means Elon Musk is behind it.

https://www.cnet.com/news/mysterious-metal-monolit...

He is a businessman. What would he know about archaeology, and why would he care? For that matter, why would we care, unless you are captivated by the work practices of ancient civilizations?

• garry

why ask musk , we know its a gimmick by some internet people , rather a poor joke isnt it , doesnt even look like a monolith more pike a sheet of stainless steel pointed up  . isn't even shaped like one , to thin .

The 2001 monolith dimensions were in the ratio 1:4:9 (and continuing 16,25,36... in the higher dimensions).

• ?

If it's solid alloy, would be costly. The '2001' monolith is black and larger.

• ?

I saw the film 2001, in 1969 -- and anyone who saw that film will recognise that this  "monolith" ,is  some sort of homage to that film -- the centre piece of which ,was such a monolith 

On that basis it could have been erected anytime , during the last 50 years, by anyone who had sufficient such money to waste / invest 

• ?

" I mean, it seems to be obvious he had something to do with it."  And what leap of logic lead you to this conclusion?  Elon Musk is not the only person with the means and methods to put the monolith in the desert.  

2001 was the first thing I thought of when I saw it... I'd like to know how it's supported on the desert floor - the story I read didn't go into that.  

Purty cool, though....