Amelia asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

How to cope with co-students that do not work?

Hello,

How do I cope with co-students who do not work? I work on my projects but they do not do nothing! I made the whole presentation, the information and also now I have to do the damn conclusion that they do not want to make. How do I cope with it and how do I keep myself?  

• ?

Just wait until you get a job and that happens...

You can’t control what others do.  Do your best , control what you can control . It’s the teachers job to take care of students who won’t work .

When you get a job you will have to deal with fellow workers that also are lazy. 

So to cope with the, concentrate on your goals not theirs .

• Tasm

Do your best and hopefully the teacher has you rate the other members. 

Teachers are not dumb.  They know your handiwork so their handiwork.  If they put nothing into it, the teacher knows and marks them accordingly.

• D_21

Part of group projects is you're supposed to figure out how to work together. If you're the one doing all the work, step up / lean into the authority of that leadership role. Take charge. This is an opportunity for you to set the tone. Do you want the tone to be bitter & resentful? Or collaborative?

Looking back on part of the project that are basically done, are there any small task that other group members could easily accomplish, which may contribute in some way? Helping make part of it better?

Ask them what's up, why they're not helping. Suggest something they could do. Offer to help them accomplish it. Basically insist on working together. If they really refuse, then maybe consider telling the teacher.

Not sure what grade you're in, but would it helped if you talk to their parents? I mean it could be really bad for you socially. Might motivate them to change their behavior though.

There are only so many options here. Think about the situation. Figure out what will be most likely to achieve a positive outcome.

What is your desired outcome? Your goal? Try to focus on accomplishing what you can. It's not possible to control everything. Let go of what's outside your ability to manage.

This project isn't going to last forever. Things will play out however they're going to. Then you move on. Do the best you can. That's all you're responsible for,  is doing your best. Let go the rest.

• garry

how about ignoring them and studying yourself instead of others .

Kelvin and lan will not meet me and fight. Your a bunch of cowards

What does this have to do with mental health?

Just tell the teacher and let him take care of it.

• ?

you ask the teacher to not pair you with those students

• Scott

Speak with your professor and/or just do the work yourself. My oldest son was in a group of CS students last year. They were sort of slackers, so he ended up doing most of the work.