Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Do you ever get stressed over something so much you end up not doing it?

And do you have any tips on how to deal with this?

• Andy C

I used to.   When I was younger and less experienced. 

You'll find that just keeping your schedule is better than not.  Try visualization.   I would imagine that I was at the ocean every time anxiety threatened to take over.

Did it so many times, I stopped having to imagine the ocean and just got straight to the peaceful state of mind. 

I was so stressed out I couldn’t think straight. The only thing that worked for me was stressrelief.cc  and now I am at peace. There are no

words to describe the relief you can gain for being free of depression, anxiety, and stress.

• Tasm

Yeah, I used to take a failing grade rather than give a speech in class. I was forced to once and nearly had a heart attack. And doing it, didn't help me one bit to get over it. 

Hell, no.

I would NEVER allow this for myself.

I would kick myself in the backside if I delayed doing something necessary just because I was stressed.  I would NEVER do that because it would make me unable to function and no one is coming along to take care of me.

I CHOOSE to be healthy.

• ?

means get a life..

I can totally relate to this. I often end up overthinking about a particular thing so much that my mind makes me fear it so much that I can not even face it then. My mind would keep making scenarios and I am so overwhelmed by them that I end up in fear that what if all my assumed scenarios came to life. So all I end up doing is thickening out of those scenarios due to the made-up stress.

marijuana, quite surprisingly, has one property that makes us susceptible to fear. It relieves the stress and clears our mind to think straight and focus better  https://mmjdoctors.com/7-surprising-ways-that-mari... 

Yes I cant jerk off because I get too depressed seeing my girlfriend having her menstrual cycle. 

Maybe you're talking about frustration in learning a new skill. I'll show you a guy with brilliant advice about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MgBikgcWnY

Youtube thumbnail

&t=948s

This might help -

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20201...

No.  That would be stupid.  Just do what you have to do and get it over with.

• Barry

Contemplation is frequently  worse than the event. An example is sitting an exam.

We tend to worry about it but once you start, the anxiety disappears. Not always but usually! So the way to deal with perceived difficulties is to stop thinking about it and just do it. It really can work.