Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Question about grading?

I messed up my class. I’m currently at 34% overall grade. I failed my midterm horribly. My midterm was 15% of my grade and I got 0.33. Now, the final is 30% of my grade. The whole test block consists of 45%. I still have two quizzes left which are 30% of my grade. 9 assignments left with a possibility of 18 points to get. My teacher tells me even if I get 100% I’ll only get 67%. How is that possible if the final is more than the midterm? I used the midterm as the final to see what would I get if I were to pass the final and it says 70%. What gives?

• Lisa

Please forgive me, but I am going to get tough for you.  At this point, how the numbers work out doesn't matter.  Anyone who gets a 33 on a midterm is not going to get a 100% on the final.  You didn't apply yourself when you needed to.  You didn't do what you should have done, and now you have earned the results.  I recommend you go to your teacher to ask if there is any extra credit work you can do.  Like a LOT of extra credit.  Probably your teacher will say no, absolutely not.  If that is the case, then you will fail the class.  It is just that simple.  

Don't worry about it.

If you are serious about your education, you can retake the class and do better.  Lots of people fail a class.  If it is the only class you fail, you'll still be able to do well in college and use your degree the way you want to.

It is not the end of the world. 

Good luck to you!