How common is it for a couple to be the same height and age as each other?

I'm a 22yr old man who is 5ft 6in tall (166cm). A girl I've met on Tinder is also 22 and 5ft 5in.

Now we aren't exactly the same height, but it's damn close. It seems that in the vast majority of couples, the man is older and taller. Why is that?

• ?

That sounds kind of rare i've never heard of that before.

From my experience, unless the woman is 5' 10" or taller, most women usually date a man who is 2-5in taller.  Which is normal since the average height of a man is 5' 10" and the average height of a woman is 5' 4" .  

• ?

Most males are taller than most females and it takes males longer to get the nerve up to ask a female to marry him, we are afraid of rejection but so are females.

• drip

Why. Stupid social norms from ages long passed. 

There are more men 5’10” and over than there are women. So there will be more couples where the man is taller.  There is still a stigma about the guys not being the same height or shorter than a women. 

Age. Women use to be encouraged to marry an older man who was established and had money. Social norms still find a older women with a younger man wrong/shocking/strange. While an older man with a women decades younger is ok.

• garry

why does she want some-one taller and longer than you ...is 5 foot 10" , i'll maker her happy and maybe sore ..lol .. show her what a real man is like ..

well first off age is just a number.  

my brother in law is 5 years younger than my sister.

But, yeah in most cases the guy is older and taller than she is. both parties tend to like it that way.

• Rick

It's because of the belief that a man should be taller than the woman.  It's all about a man feeling superior because of his insecurity.  It equals, 'I'm better because I'm taller than you are.'

A lot of women prefer a taller man who is also older than them.Very few women want a younger man and a man who is shorter than them.I guess it comes down to what each individual woman wants.It seems to be an old fashioned value that women want a taller and older guy. As for you and your gf,if it works for the two of you being similar height,its a good thing. Everyone has their own criteria of what they want in a life time partner.

how good. truly.

It's relatively uncommon. Was that your entire question? Hey, how did it go getting castrated in Mexico?? Did you get some good drugs?