Anonymous

What does it mean to be Jewish?

I can't understand what it exactly means to be Jewish today. Like George Soros for example claims to be Jewish, but he's ethnically white (Hungarian), which does not make him Jewish because Jews are not supposed to be white. It seems the vast majority of people who claim to be Jewish are ethnically white, so what does it mean to be a Jew? From what I understand, real Jews were Arabs. The Hebrews from the bible were more genetically closer to Arab, from their hair color to their dark skin. Jews today just seem to be a bunch of wannabes. I know this guy who is polish but claims he's Jewish and not white. Sounds like an idiot to me.

• ?

I was always taught that being Jewish was a practicer of Judaism and a race. I'm not sure how it is a race though.

Jews weren't dark skin. They were olive skinned like any Mediterranean people. Many European Jews with blue eyes and blonde hair are mixed with Europeans. Also, being Jewish mostly means being part of the Jewish tribe or religion.

A Jew is a person who practices Judaism.  Makes no difference what race the person is as long as they practice Judaism the religion.  Sammy Davis Jr. was a Jew and he was also Afro-American and black as coal.

BTW, the indigenous Jews who first settled in Canaan came from what we now call Iraq.  Those tribes of Abraham were Caucasian...white.

• ?

Ethnicity and skin colour are two completely different things.

• Zirp

it's an ethnicity and a religion. Most of them eat kosher and the males are circumcised

there's no such thing as "ethnically white"

Most Jews are white, and a huge group is black

• God

The Jews want to make you believe it's a "culture".  What it is is just a bunch of superstitious rubbish passed down from the Bronze Age.