Can a vet student room with a chemical engineer student?

My friend and I want to room together at KSU. Can different majors room together??


Kansas State University 

5 Answers

  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Vet students are graduate students.

    Chem. engineers may be undergrads or graduate students.

    Graduate students and undergrads do not typically room together in dorms.

    Students are normally housed by the level of their education, not their major.

  • 2 months ago

    Schools typically want students to meet new people, learn to get along with a variety of people, but have something in common to start with. Hence, matching students by major so at least they have some common interest to start building their roommate-relationship with. Also why schools often discourage "old friends" from rooming together - so that you meet more people, become a part of the university community. Whether this school tries to match new entrants together or allows people to stick with existing friends from high school is up to the school's policies & procedures. It's not the difference in your majors which matters, but closing yourself off from creating new friendships.

  • 2 months ago

    Sure. Why not? You aren't going to be able to help much with each others homework, but different majors never comes into play for who your roommate will be.

  • MS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Housing is very rarely assigned by major.  When it is, it's usually optional and not mandatory.  You should be able to room with your friend without any trouble.  There is usually a place on your housing application where you can write in a roommate request; you would both have to put each other's name in order to make sure you are placed together. 

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Yes you can room together. Housing does not group student by majors for the dorms buildings or rooms.

    You would need to request your friend as a roommate and they would need to request you to be put together. 

    You can not major in Veterinary science as an undergrad. Once you have a Bachelor degree you can apply to Vet schools. Which would be another four years, then residency.

    You can major in anything as long as you take all Vet school requirements. Some university have a pre vet program.

    Looks like KSU has a pre vet club you could join. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.